I’ve been a naughty girl. I’ve been pushing myself to extremes and thinking I could get away with it. You see, I’m never ill. And then when I get something it flattens me. A full blown chest infection is not pleasant. At least the 20 stone wrestler kneeling on my chest making it very difficult to breathe has gone! Thank God for Alexander Fleming!
So what have I learned?
- We have one beautiful body in which we reside – feed it, nurture it and love it. Ignore it at our peril.
- I am loved and cared for by my children and my family.
- The ironing can wait.
- There are some amazing authors out there that I’ve enjoyed the company of this week.
- Chicken soup works magic.
- Dust comes back the next day anyway.
- Rest is the answer to so many things.
- The hoovering can wait.
- Coughing is good for stomach muscles!
- We keep our eyes open for a petrol station once we see the red light come on in the car….our bodies are the same.
- Sleep is healing.
- Day dreaming is magical.
- Patience is a virtue…..I’m still learning.
- And finally self care is not optional.