We waste so much of our time regretting. And it has the potential by the time we’ve got to midlife to get a little out of control.
We regret what we did and we regret what we didn’t do.
This way of thinking acts to keep us living in the past. The past is gone. No amount of regretting will bring it back in order that we can make different decisions. The present is what we have. The future is a dream.
What can you do today to make sure that you live this day forward with no regrets?
- forgive yourself for the past
- forgive yourself for decisions you took
- decide what you need to say today and say it
- spend more time with those you love and less with those you don’t
- be more childlike, play more
- laugh more (at yourself too)
- lighten up
- decide not to listen to those who rain on your parade
- act today, don’t wait until it or you’re perfect…that day will never come
- don’t settle for less that you know you deserve
- risk more
- love more
- just do it
- bring your needs and wishes to the top of the list….I know that’s a challenge!
- enjoy your children whilst they’re at home
- don’t worry so much about a clean house
- spend time with your parents whilst you still can
- ask for help, stoicism is overrated
- dare to dream
- trust that you’ll grow wings as you learn to fly
- spend less time in the office
- let go of drama – yours and other people’s
- buy less stuff
- have more duvet days
Are these a challenge?
Know that’s it’s never ever too late to start from today.
What would you add to this list?