Walk in the rain, smell flowers, stop along the way, build sandcastles, go on field trips, find out how things work, tell stories, say the magic words, trust the universe – Bruce Williamson
I thought something a little lighter after the previous blog, yet hopefully no less thought provoking!
What gives you a buzz?…..and we’re not talking about recreational drug use!
When you’re knackered, stressed out, wondering what on earth is going on in your life. Pondering on how the hell you cope with everything you need to get through in a day. What is it you do to lift yourself? To look after yourself and your needs? Something that needn’t cost a penny and take hours of your time……….it’s the simple things that often have the greatest impact. We know that.
So in true Sound of Music style here are a few of my favourite things, things that I cannot do without in my life. Things that are guaranteed to bring me back to ME.
- walking my dog in the woods
- opening a bottle of wine (ideally Prosecco) with a friend
- boxercise class
- curling up with one of my children to watch an episode of House – is it me or has Hugh Laurie become incredibly sexy?!
- listening to the waves crashing on the beach
- the smell of ground coffee
- pushing myself to stretch a little further in Pilates
- clean sheets on my big bed
- walking along the Southbank in London
- listening to Madeleine Peyroux
- spending time alone – no children, no dog, no music
- walk in a splendid garden
- feeling the wind in my face on a coastal path
- reading poetry
- simply texting a ‘X’ to a friend or lover
- making chocolate brownies with my boy
Go for long walks. Indulge in long baths. Question your assumptions. Be kind to yourself. Live for the moment. Loosen up, scream. Curse the world. Count your blessings. Just let go, just be — Carole Shields
I want to know yours………let’s create an incredible list and share our experiences.